software application system
is designed for creating of inventory of various types of measuring instruments
and of their calibrations. It is assumed using in calibration laborotories.
Inventory contains all important data about meters. Records can be sorted
according to various criteria. Among other features, WinQbase software
contains records of calibrations with test report and recorded calibration
conditions, used calibration procedures, repairs, history of changes in
inventory records and calibration records etc. The WinQbase program allows
to obtain various types of instrument overviews by selected criteria, seek
executed calibrations, history of records, etc.
A part of software package is execution module CALIBER
which is aimed for automatic and semiautomatic calibration of meters of
various quantities, both digital and analogue. CALIBER can be used generally
for calibration of any meters. For calibration of multimeters it is equipped
with extra build-in features. Basic philosophy is found on by user
prepared calibration procedures
calibration of concrete meter or source as DUT - calibrated via concrete
source (or meter) of standard values. For this purpose CALIBER contains
calibration procedure generator with easy control. Calibration procedures
are generated automatically from software instrument
of instruments which take part in calibration.
Instrument cards contain all information about meter/source, which are
important from calibration point of view like functions, ranges, accuracy,
etc. Software automatically calculates deviations of DUT
and calibration uncertainty
according to standard EA-R4. Samples of calibration procedures and frequently
used instrument cards can be downloaded on Meatestīs web site.
Communication of individual system instruments runs on a standardized bus
GPIB or RS-232. Digital displays of the meters can also be scanned by camera
. The system output is a calibration
test report containing measured values and their evaluation.
Database of tested instruments
- Sorting features: several ways of grouping of the instruments
- Searching records, filters: searching inventory and calibration records according to the entered values
- Userīs items: items defined by user
- Prepared database structure
Types of devices under test
- Checking parameters of devices under test automatically or semiautomatically
- Calibration certificates creating and printing, easy modification of certificate format
- All most common calibrators compatible also Fluke and Wavetek calibrators are compatible
Examples of devices under test
- Digital meters 31/2 to 71/2 (with external standard multimeter)
- Analogue meters
- Clamp meters, calibrated by calibrator with current coil
- Transducers with analogue output 10 V/20 mA or frequency output
Available hardware connection
- Multimeters, V-meters, A-meters
- Ohmmeters, power meters, one-phase power transducers, PF meters
- Scopes, recorders
Calibration procedure engine
- GPIB interface, normalized GPIB interface can be used for both standard unit and unit under test connection to PC.
- RS-232 serial line, for standard unit, unit under test and THV monitor (temperature/humidity scanner)
- Camera module for non-system units under test with digital display. Meter display is scanned via camera module, transferred into number and it is used as unit under test reading. No manual typing on keyboard is need.
Variability of generated procedures
- Based on instrument cards:
Instrument card contains all information necessary for automatic calibration like instrument specification (function - range - accuracy), method of control (GPIB, RS, manual, camera scanning) and some other information. Every instrument which is used during calibration must have its own instrument card.
- Easy generation of calibration procedures:
Calibration procedure is build automatically in 4 steps consisting selection of used instruments, functions, ranges, calibration points. Suitable calibration points are offered to include into calibration procedure. Calibration procedure can be created without any knowladge of programming.
- Variability of standards:
Up to 5 instruments can be used for calibration of DUT in one automatic calibration procedure. Except main standards like calibrators, multimeters also external multimeter, resistance shunts, transformers, transducers etc. can be used as source of standard value.
- Simple or multiple readings of instrument under test value
- Evaluation of uncertainties type A and B, in accordance with recommended methodology
- Linearity checking procedure for easier creation of calibration procedures
- Special sub-procedures for analogue meters with hysteresis evaluation
- Password protection excess
- Back-up function type A and B
- History of the record available
- Build-in help
- Network version
- Export of database