Grid emulators are specially designed for emulate grid disturbances. All models of these Grid Emulators allow
great flexibility to evaluate all type of scenarios.
They can generate different type of grids and its common faults and disturbances.
Some of the applications:
Each equipment integrates VSC modules and DSP control boards equipped with all necessary power components,
electrical protections, auxiliary electronics and security elements.
The power electronics unit of each emulator is a back to back topology formed by 2 voltage source converters
connected in series. It is a multifunctional AC-AC converter that shows a wide range of applications.
- Test of electric and electronic equipment against electrical disturbances
- PCC: point of common coupling
- Test of control algorithms for electrical microgrid
- Testing of electronic equipment under special conditions: 60 Hz, 400 Hz; 110 Vrms , 127 Vrms
- Aircraft grid tests & disturbances
- DC voltage source: photovoltaic panels, batteries...
- Power control of a microgrid using IEC 61850 (PDF size 2,19 MB)
- Implementation of a test microgrid in Barcelona (PDF size 520 KB)
- Experimental evaluation of a real time energy management system for stand-alone microgrids in day-ahead markets.
M. Marzband, A. Sumper, A. Ruiz-Álvarez, J. L. Domínguez-García, B. Tomoiaga. Applied Energy, 106 (0) (2013) 365-376.
- Operation and Control of Multiterminal HVDC Transmission for Offshore Wind Farms.
Jun Liang, Member, IEEE, Tianjun Jing, Student Member, IEEE, Oriol Gomis-Bellmunt, Member, IEEE, Janaka Ekanayake, Senior Member, IEEE, and Nicholas Jenkins, Fellow, IEEE.